Sunday, September 19, 2010

Balsamic Roasted Tomato Caprese Sandwich



I am doing my best to establish a routine for posting, aiming for a Saturday / Wednesday schedule.  Well, schedule to the wind because this sandwich is so incredibly delicious, I cannot possibly wait until Wednesday to share it.  Seriously, drop whatever you are doing and make this now!

I saw Closet Cooking's recipe for Balsamic Roasted Tomato Caprese Sandwich last week, and have found myself staring at his beautiful photo, salivating (at work might I add - how am I supposed to be productive with posts like this!?).

While down in Eugene, OR for the The Labor, The Boyfriend's mom gave us a bunch of tomatoes, fresh from her garden.  I knew exactly how I would use them.  Might I also add that The Boyfriend despises tomatoes and ate this up, ready for seconds, immediately!











You can make this ahead by roasting the tomatoes and storing in the fridge in an air-tight container. It takes mere seconds to assemble the sandwich.  (I'll give you one guess as to what I will be devouring for lunches this week...)


Balsamic Roasted Tomato Caprese Sandwich
Serves 4

Ingredients:
4 ripe tomatoes (cut in half)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
drizzle of olive oil
drizzle of balsamic vinegar
fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 handful basil leaves
crusty bread, sliced into 1/2 inch slices (I used fresh sourdough from a local bakery)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet, cut side facing up.
3. Sprinkle with the garlic, salt & pepper, and drizzle with the oil and vinegar.
4. Roast the tomatoes in oven for one hour.
5. Toast the bread slices until nice and crunchy.
6. Let the tomatoes cool, and assemble the sandwich.
7. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. the husband asked if we could have it for dinner again tomorrow... WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this today! I am never eating another type of sandwich ever again. This is getting referenced on my blog this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...